Free WordPress ARVE Advanced Responsive Video Embedder (YouTube, Vimeo, HTML5 Video …) pluginFree
The best WordPress plugin for videos? Supports close to everything you can imagine, still keeping it easy & simple.
It is very likely the one and only plugin you will ever need to handle video embeds on your WordPress site(s). It goes far beyond just making your videos responsive!
- SEO friendly, lets you specify title, description, upload date to provide search engines with the schema.org data they like to have for better indexing.
- WYSIWYG support. No more messing around with shortcodes and previewing.
- New improved dialog for embedding videos.
- Magically makes those url embedded videos responsive.
- No ‘lock in’ if you do not use shortcodes and use providers WordPress already supports.
- Supports almost every video host that supports iframe embed codes.
- Embeds via pasting the URL in its own line just like WordPress!
- Optionally use very powerful Shortcodes instead.
- Clean shortcode syntax
[arve url="https://youtu.be/yUCFRL43Zm4" align="left" parameters="start=30" ... /], no unnecessary shortcode wrapping.
- One single button for all providers.
- Tries to be as unobtrusive as possible, sets ‘hide brand’ variables if supported, disables related videos at the end … to help keep people on your site rather then going to YouTube or keep watching videos.
- Autostart (for providers that support it, mobile browsers prevent this)
- Custom URL parameters to use all options providers offer.
- Optional maximal width.
- Video alignment.
- Detailed description of options in-place.
- Automatic detected and custom aspect ratio.
allmyvideos.net, Alugha, Archive.org, Break, Brightcove, CollegeHumor, Comedy Central, Dailymotion, Facebook, Funny or Die, IGN, Kickstarter, LiveLeak, Livestream, kla.tv, Metacafe, Movieweb, MPORA, Myspace, Snotr, Spike, TED Talks, Twitch, Ustream, RuTube.ru, Veoh, Vevo, Viddler, vidspot.net, Vine, Vimeo, VK, Vzaar, Wistia, XTube, Yahoo, Youku, YouTube, YouTube Playlist, HTML5 video files directly, Google_drive, Dropbox, Ooyala
All providers with responsive iframe embed codes
★ ★ ★ ★ ★ The best there is – I have tried many…
Have downloaded and paid for at least 4 other video players that use lightbox. Each one has major flaws. This products works perfectly. If you use the OnSite Editor, then just copy the short code and it works great.
[arve url=”https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7g8-GxLTSc” /]
For speed, the product uses the thumbnails from the server. So many of the other products do NOT do this and it slows the page rendering. This product should appear first on the WordPress search. Spent 3 days of my life wasted on other products, only to delete each one. review by jodani
★ ★ ★ ★ ★ Finally something that works
So I have a responsive theme but on pages with you tube videos it wasn’t making the you tube videos fit in the mobile screen. I have spent the last hour trying many plugins and researching on google and finally I installed this. And I didn’t have to update any settings or anything just refreshed a post with videos and all the sudden it is beautiful and responsive on my mobile phone!!!!!! THANK YOU!!!! review by happyecho
★ ★ ★ ★ ★ Only Plug-in that worked
I used a lot of high ranking plug-ins but they still broke my design. Downloaded this and worked right away. Thanks! review by crconnell89
This plugin is financed by sales of the Pro Addon. The development and support of this plugins has become a job for me so I hope you understand that I can not make all features gratis and that you purchase it to get extra features and support the development.
Limited time price experiment: 44% off first year with discount code
- Disable links in embeds (killer feature!)
For example: Clicking on a title in a YouTube embed will not open a new popup/tab/window. Prevent video hosts to lead your visitors away from your site! Note this also breaks sharing functionality and is not possible when the provider requires flash. Try it on this page. Right click on links still works.
- Lazyload mode
Make your site load faster by loading only a image instead of the entire video player on pageload.
- Lazyload -> Lightbox
Shows the Video in a Lightbox after clicking a preview image
- Link -> Lightbox
Use simple links as triggers for lightboxed videos
- Automatic or custom thumbnail images
- Automatic or custom titles on top of your thumbnails
- ‘Expand on click’ feature
- 3 hover styles
- 2 play icon styles to choose from
- Responsive thumbnails using cutting edge HTML5 technology
- Feel good about yourself
for supporting my 5+ years work on this plugin. Tons of hours, weekends … always worked on improving it.
- Show the latest video of a YouTube channel by using the channel URL (updated/cached hourly)
- Get the ARVE Pro Addon
ARVE AMP Addon
- Requires the gratis plugins ARVE and AMP
- Makes ARVE ready for Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP)
- It will display videos embedded with ARVE on AMP pages correctly
- No options, just works
- It creates <amp-brightcove>, <amp-youtube>, <amp-vimeo>, <amp-dailymotion> elements
- For all other video hosts supported by ARVE <amp-iframe> element is used
- HTML5 video embeds are also supported with <amp-video>
- Check out the ARVE AMP Addon
- Of course all the customers who bought a addon.
- Howard Iken of myfloridalaw.com top donor, super nice to me even if I was rude and not deserved it!
- Ilya Grishkov for bringing up the idea and the first code to cache thumbnail urls.
- Everybody giving constructive feedback, testing beta versions.
- Everybody who donated back in the days when this was donation based.
Thanks to the developers of the software used in ARVE
Author: Nicolas Jonas
Source from: WordPress.org