Free WordPress Event Calendar WD – Responsive Event Calendar plugin pluginFree
Event Calendar WD is a responsive calendar plugin for organizing events. This WordPress calendar lets you manage and publish unlimited event calendars on your site.
Event Calendar WD
Event Calendar WD is a user friendly plugin to create an event promotion website or add and manage events to your existing WordPress blog. It’s a highly flexible event organizer plugin to create both, simple one-time events or multiple, recurring events. That’s not all, sending event invitations and selling tickets online is easy with this plugin. You can provide a detailed description for all your events using WordPress editor,assign categories and attach tags to each of them. Every calendar is created as a custom post or taxonomy, which enables you to display the calendars among the standard post listings, such as related or latest posts.The plugin will make it easy to spread a word about your events with the social sharing button support, and will let your site visitors easily find events around them using the frontend event search option. Event Calendar WD has a straight-forward admin panel, where you can create and manage your events, add new themes, and customize your calendars.
- Organize as many events as you wish – With Event Calendar WD you can add unlimited number of events and calendars to your website. Whether you want to go for a one-time event, or add calendars to multiple posts and pages, that’s absolutely doable.
- Events are easier to find – Event Calendar WD is SEO-friendly, which means every event you add to your website is optimized for better visibility in search results.
- Leverage power of social networks – Don’t let your events go unnoticed. Enable social sharing buttons option on the calendar, and spread a word about your events across the major social platforms. Also, you can sell event tickets directly from your website if you get the Event Tickets Add-on available for the Premium version users.
- Attract with detailed descriptions – Give your visitors the most important information they need to know about any event. Provide event venue, mention the hosts and organizers, include images, relevant videos, event link, and mark up the event location on the Google Map.
- Distinct appearance – With the available view options, themes and the extensive list of the customization settings, you can fully personalize your calendars and give them a distinct look.
- Full Control and flexibility – Event Calendar WD is highly configurable, meaning you’ll get full control over how you display the events and calendars on your site. The user-friendly interface of the plugin, will make it easy to manage and customize your calendars.
- Support – The team provides timely and effective support to all its users. We keep standards high and response time low.
What’s in it
Event Calendar WD is responsive, designed to provide flawless calendar display across various devices and screen sizes.
UNLIMITED EVENTS AND CALENDARS
The number of the events as well as the calendars you can add to your website has no limit. Go ahead and fill your website with as many calendars as you want.
EVENT CATEGORIES AND TAGS
Organizing events on your calendars is super easy. You can assign categories to each of your events and attach as many tags to them as you want.
MULTIPLE EVENT DISPLAY VIEWS
With Event Calendar WD you can have your calendars displayed in a number of cool views. Currently Month, Week, Day and List views are available in the free option of the plugin, whereas Posterboard, 4-Days and Map views come with the premium option.
If you want to display repeating events on your calendar which are held on a regular basis recurring events option will save you a great deal of time (Premium version). Just specify the event repeating rate under the evet settings and it will automatically be displayed on the calendar.
You can display social sharing buttons on the calendars and let your visitors share your events on Facebook, Google Plus, and Twitter with just a click.
The calendars are added to the posts and pages with a shortcode, but if you want to display a nice calendar widget on the sidebar areas of your site, you can publish the calendar as a widget.
The Premium version of the plugin comes with five customizable calendar themes, that let you personalize the design of you calendars. You can set custom settings for almost every part of the calendar, including overall calendar colors, header, views,pagination, and events. Moreover, you can add new calendar themes with your own styling features.
GOOGLE MAPS INTEGRATION
The plugin is integrated with Google Maps to help you display event locations. Simply choose a venue for each event and mark up the location on Google Maps, making it super easy for your guests to find venues.
If you want some additional functionality, like displaying upcoming events, selling online tickets, showing countdown for the events, and let your visitors add events on the calendar from the frontend, there are 14 available add-ons to choose from. Please note that calendar add-ons work with Premium version only. Find the full list of the add-on below.
Frontend Event Management
Upcoming Events Widget
Google Calendar Integration
Export to GCal/ICal
*Some customizations described here are available in Premium version. Please refer to feature summary for additional info.
You can add calendars to your website either by inserting the generated shortcode into your posts and pages, or display it as a widget on the sidebar areas of your site. The admin panel of the plugin is pretty straightforward and user-friendly. To add a new calendar you just have to go to the admin panel, click on the “Add a new Calendar” tab and it will open up a new page. Afterwards you need to give a title to the calendar and choose a theme for it. Once you’re done you can preview the calendar, save it as a draft, or publish it right away. You can add events to the calendar either from the admin panel and later assign them to the selected calendars, or by clicking on the date on the calendar itself. To have your event added to the calendar , you need to specify the event name,choose the dates, select the event venue,provide a URL and a relevant video URL if available.For recurring events, you just need to specify the event repeating cycles, such as daily, weekly, monthly, or yearly. Under the settings tab you’ll find an extensive list of the general settings for the calendars that you can adjust to your needs. Here you can select the date display format, enable comments for the events, choose how the events will be organized, enable social icons, and a lot more. You can create new event categories and tags by giving them a title, adding a slug and a description. You can apply the tags and categories to multiple events at ones. For more information about the customization of the calendar settings, please refer to the plugin installation instructions below.
- Recurring events
- 5 beautiful customizable themes
- 3 premium views: Posterboard, 4-days and Map
- 14 add-ons to expand default functionality
If you think you found a bug in Event Calendar WD, or have a problem/question concerning the plugin, please check out Support Forum . In case you do not find a solution here, feel free to contact us using this form.
Source from: WordPress.org