Free WordPress Favicon Generator pluginFree
This plugin will allow you to upload an image in the format of a jpeg, gif or png and will convert the image into a favicon formatted file. This file will be placed in your WordPress root directory and a link tag will then be added to your html output.
- Added PHP 4 Compatibility
- Updated the ImageIco library from http://www.jpexs.com/php.html
- Cannot delete active favicon
- Added highlight to active favicon
- Forgot to add the new ImageIco library via SVN. This version has it. Sorry about the mixup.
- AAAARGH! Include error was happening because I forgot about case sensitivity in Linux filesystems. Sorry, I’m on a mac.
- Supressed errors that appeared if the upload directory wasn’t created. Added in creation of the upload directory to the init routines.
- Added support for ads from pluginsponsors.com to be placed on the admin page. A guy’s gotta earn a living, right?
- Tested functionality against WordPress version 2.9.2
- Increased the minimum WordPress version to 2.8 because, come on…who’s still running WordPress 2.1?
- Added checks to make sure certain necessary directories and permissions were set properly.
- Suppressed ugly warnings that were displayed when the upload directories weren’t set properly.
- Added support for l10n.
Author: Brandon Dove, Jeffrey Zinn
Source from: WordPress.org