Free WordPress Feature A Page Widget pluginFree
Feature A Page Widget provides a “just works” solution for showcasing a Page, Post, or custom post type in any widget area (aka sidebar). It leverages core WordPress features, a simple set of options, and a sleek UI for selecting one of three widget layouts.
How to Use the Widget
- Install and activate the plugin.
- Edit the page you want to feature.
- Fill out the Excerpt and select a Featured Image on that page.
- Go to Appearance > Widgets or Customize > Widgets.
- Add an instance of the “Feature a Page Widget” to the widget area (Sidebar, Footer, etc.) of your choosing.
- Select the page, choose a layout, and optionally give the widget a title.
- Save the widget!
- Admire your handiwork.
This plugin enables Featured Images (aka “Post Thumbnails”) and Excerpts for Pages and Posts (by default) with the ability to support custom post types. If you don’t see one or both of those fields, they may be hidden in the “Screen Options” (top-right corner) while editing a Page or Post.
Important Note: Image Sizes
This plugin creates multiple custom image sizes. If you use images that were uploaded to the media library before you installed this plugin, you may need to use a plugin like Regenerate Thumbnails to create the correctly-sized images.
Customizing the Widget
There are multiple ways to modify the widget based on your needs:
- Prewritten CSS selectors in
/css/fpw_starter_styles.cssto help you get started with custom CSS styles in a child theme or the Custom CSS Customizer field
- Three default overridable templates and the ability to create custom templates
- Eight filters to modify most parts of the widget output (Title, Read More, Image sizes, etc.)
- Interested in commissioning a custom layout just for your site? Get in touch.
See the FAQs for links to code snippets with inline documentation.
Like the Plugin?
Please help translate Feature A Page Widget. Users have contributed translations in the following languages:
English (default), German (
de_DE), Serbian (
sr_RS), Polish (
pl_PL), Spanish (
es_ES), Italian (
it_IT), Dutch (
Other Plugins by @MRWweb
- MRW Web Design Simple TinyMCE – Get rid of bad and obscure TinyMCE buttons. Move the rest to a single top row. Comes with a bit of help for adding custom CSS classes too.
- Post Status Menu Items – Adds post status links–e.g. “Draft” (7)–to post type admin menus.
- Post Type Archive Description – Enables an editable description for a post type to display at the top of the post type archive page.
- Hawaiian Characters – Adds the correct characters with diacriticals to the WordPress editor Character Map for Hawaiian
Author: Mark Root-Wiley (MRWweb)
Source from: WordPress.org