Free WordPress GDPR Cookie Compliance pluginFree
What is GDPR?
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is a European regulation to strengthen and unify the data protection of EU citizens. (https://www.eugdpr.org/)
How this plugin works
- This plugin is designed to help you prepare your website for the GDPR regulations related to cookies but IT WILL NOT MAKE IT FULLY COMPLIANT – this plugin is just a template and needs to be setup by your developer in order to work properly.
- Once installed, the plugin gives you a template that you can customise; you can modify all text and colours to suit your needs.
- You can also allow users to enable and disable cookies on your site, however, this will require bespoke development work as every site is unique and uses different cookies.
- Full customisation – upload your brand colours, logo, fonts and modify all text
- Flexible – decide which scripts will be loaded by default or only when the user gives consent
- Two layouts – choose from two unique layouts
- Simple & Intuitive
- [Premium] Full-screen layout – If it’s enabled, the infobar will be display in full screen mode, and force the user to accept the cookies, or to change / overview the settings.
- [Premium] Export & import settings
- [Premium] WordPress Multisite extension – You can manage the settings globally, clone from one site to another
- [Premium] Accept cookies on scroll
Note: some features are part of the Premium Add-on. You can get GDPR Premium Add-on here!
You can view a demo of the plugin here:
- You can also create your own custom front-end layout of the Pop-up Settings screen.
- Simply copy the “gdpr-modules” folder from the plugin directory to your theme directory.
- If you do this, your changes will be retained even if you update the plugin in the future.
- Any customisation should be implemented by experienced developers only.
- We won’t be able to provide personalised advice or support for customisations.
- This plugin will require technical support from your developer to ensure that it is implemented correctly on your website.
- This is a general plugin with basic functionality. We advise that you to seek independent legal advice on this topic.
- THIS PLUGIN DOES NOT MAKE YOUR WEBSITE COMPLIANT. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ENSURING THAT ALL GDPR REQUIREMENTS ARE MET ON YOUR WEBSITE.
Author: Moove Agency
Source from: WordPress.org