Free WordPress Hyphenator pluginFree
Беларуская (Belarusian), বাংলা (Bengali), Català (Catalan), Česky (Czech), Dansk (Danish), Deutsch (German), Ελληνική monotone (monotone greek), Ελληνική polytone (polytone greek), British English (British English), American English (American English), Esperanto (Esperanto), Español (Spanish), Eesti (Estonian), Suomi (Finnish), Français (French), Ελληνική ancient (ancient greek), ગુજરાતી (Gujarati), हिंदी (Hindi), Magyar (Hungarian), Հայերեն լեզու (Armenian), Italiano (Italian), ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada), Latina (Latin), Lietuvių (Lithuanian), latviešu valoda (Latvian), മലയാളം (Malayalam), Nederlands (Dutch), Norsk (Norwegian), ଓଡ଼ିଆ (Oriya), ਪੰਜਾਬੀ (Punjabi), Polski (Polish), Português (Portuguese), Român (Romanian), Pyccĸий (Russian), Slovenčina (Slovak), Slovenščina (Slovenian), Српска ћирилица (Serbian, Cyrillic), Српски (Serbian, Latin script), Svenska (Swedish), தமிழ் (Tamil), తెలుగు (Telugu), Türkçe (Turkish), Українська (Ukrainian)
This plugin includes Hyphenator.js into your blog for inserting separators automatically. The user settings backend available in English, German, Romanian and Polish is easy to understand and everything could be configured there.
- automatically hyphenates texts on websites if either the webdeveloper has included the script on the website or you use it as a bookmarklet on any site.
- automatically breaks URLs on any browser that supports the zero width space.
- runs on the client in order that the HTML source of the website may be served clean and svelte and that it can respond to text resizings by the user.
- has a documented API and is highly configurable to meet your needs.
- supports a wide range of languages.
- relies on Franklin M. Liangs hyphenation algorithm (PDF) commonly known from LaTeX and OpenOffice.
- is free software licensed under LGPL v3 with additional permission to distribute non-source (e.g., minimized or compacted) forms of that code (see source code header for details).
- provides services for customizing, merging and packing script and patterns.
- supports CSS3-hyphenation
Visit the project homepage for more about. There you also find the documentation for all options.
You can see a working example of Hyphenator.js here.
- Web Geek Science (Web Hosting Geeks) for the Romanian translation
- Plugin licensed under GPLv3: Copyright (C) 2008-2012 Benedict B. alias e2b
- Hyphenator.js licensed under LGPLv3: Copyright (C) 2011 Mathias Nater, Zürich
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
Some patterns in the pattern files have different licenses specified in the pattern files.
Author: Benedict B., Maciej Gryniuk
Source from: WordPress.org