Free WordPress Post Hit Counter pluginFree
“Post Hit Counter” does what it says on the tin – it counts how many hits your posts receive. Hit counts are displayed in a new column in the post list table, in the submit box on the post edit screen and in the admin bar on the frontend.
- Easily visible hit counts in the dashboard and in the admin bar on the frontend
- Shortcode to display view count for current or specified post
- Widget to display your most viewed posts anywhere on your site
- Dashboard widget to show your most viewed posts at a glance
- No complicated analytics and statistics to wade through
- Option to select which post types must be counted
- Option to select which user roles should not trigger the hit counter
This is not meant as a replacement for more advanced analytics plugins – it is a counter so you can see which of your posts are more popular without diving too deeply into complicated viewing statistics.
Want to contribute? Fork the GitHub repository.
This plugin was initially created as a demo for a workshop I ran at WordCamp Cape Town 2014. I have since fleshed it out and enhanced it to be more useful.
Author: Hugh Lashbrooke
Source from: WordPress.org