Free WordPress WP-Backgrounds Lite pluginFree
Set clickable fullscreen background images for single posts and pages. Compatible with all major browsers and very easy to install. This is the free lite version of WP-Backgrounds II.
- Set fullscreen background images for posts and pages
- Apply a link to each background image (only boxed themes where the contentcontainer doesn’t cover the whole screen)
- You can deactivate WP-Backgrounds Lite for certain pages and posts
- Compatible with all major browsers like IE7, IE8, IE9, Firefox, Opera, Safari, Chrome and other modern browsers.
- Can be used with nearly every theme (premium and free ones). For the most themes it works out of the box (i.e. for TwentyTen or boxed themes). A z-index and a background color option helps you to adjust the background/content layer z-index and the body background color.
- Vertical & horizontal image centering
- Small fingerprint, only a few kb filesize
- Translatable – supports mo/po files
- Easy installation, works out of the box
- User friendly ajax option page
- Option to adjust the background image layer z-index, the content container layer z-index, the body background color, the content container id/class and the content container position.
The newest versions of this plugin can be found here: WP-Backgrounds Lite. I’ll try to keep the repository up to date but it’s easier to host updates on my site. You’ll get support there too (just leave a comment).
Live demo of WP-Backgrounds II can be found here: InoPlugs Demo Website.
This plugin is the free lite version of WP-Backgrounds II which you can download here: WP-Backgrounds II – it offers a lot more features:
- Add fullscreen background image slideshows, html5 video slideshows and youtube video backgrounds to your posts, pages & custom post types.
- Image sliders support various effects/transitions (KenBurns, Reveal, Split Reveal, etc.).
- You can a different background for each post, page and custom post type.
- Set background images/videos for categories and taxonomies/terms.
- Apply a category, term/taxonomy background to post, page and custom post types.
- Set background images for the home, front, search, author, 404, archive, login page and a fallback background option.
- Each author can use/set an individual background on the author page.
- Backgrounds are stored as custom post type and you can reuse them as often as you like.
- Set as many images/videos as you like, they will be displayed as a background slideshow.
- Compatible with all modern browsers like IE7, IE8, IE9, Firefox, Opera, Safari, Chrome and other modern browsers.
- Can be used with nearly every theme, premium and free ones. For the most themes it works out of the box (i.e. for TwentyTen or boxed themes). We can assist you with css changes if the are required. Some z-index, container and background color options help you to adjust the background layer and color via admin panel.
- Fully translatable; the plugin uses PO/MO files for the translation. German translation already included, more to come.
Source from: WordPress.org