Free WordPress WP-Members Membership Plugin pluginFree
The WP-Members membership plugin turns your WordPress site into a membership site. Restrict premium content, create custom registration fields, and more.
Membership Sites. Simplified.
You need a membership site, but you want to focus on your business, not mastering a plugin. WP-Members is simple to use, easy to set up, yet flexible in every way imaginable.
The plugin restricts selected WordPress content to registered site members. WP-Members puts the registration process on the site front end so it is part of your content instead of the native WP login page. WP-Members requires no modifications to your theme while remaining scalable for users who want to customize the look and feel, or want to restrict only some content. It is a great tool for sites offering premium content to subscribers and is adaptable to a variety of applications.
Simple to install and configure – yet customizable and scalable!
- Block posts, pages, and custom post types
- User login, registration, and profile integrated into your theme
- Sidebar login widget
- Create custom registration and profile fields
- Notify admin of new user registrations
- Hold new registrations for admin approval
- Create post excerpt teaser content automatically
- More than 120 action and filter hooks for customization
- A library of API functions for extensibility
WP-Members allows you to set content as blocked or hidden to restrict For those that simply want to utilize the member management features and possibly restrict some content, the default setting can easily be toggled to block or unblock pages and/or posts by default. No matter what the default setting, individual posts or pages can be set to be blocked or unblocked at the article level, overriding the default setting.
The plugin installs with additional registration fields including name, address, phone, and email. Using the WP-Members admin panel, you can also create your own custom registration fields and delete existing ones. Changing the field order is simple with a drag-and-drop interface. The registration form will be part of your content rather than using the WordPress login page. This offers you a premium content site with a professional and branded look and feel. It also provides an opportunity for the user to register without leaving the page to do so – less clicks = more conversions.
There are also some special pages that can be created with simple shortcodes:
- A User Profile page where registered members can edit their information and change/reset their password: [wpmem_profile]
- A Registration page available for those that need a specific URL for registrations (such as email marketing or banner ad landing pages). Note: this is strictly optional as a registration form can also be included by default on blocked content pages: [wpmem_form register]
- A Login page. This is also an optional page as the login form is included by default on blocked content. But if you need a specific login page, this can be created with a simple shortcode: [wpmem_form login]
- And more shortcodes are available!
Powerful cusotmizations can be constructed with over 100 action and filter hooks, as well as user accessible functions.
In addition to all of the features above, the plugin can be extended with premium add-on modules available from the support site rocketgeek.com. Members of rocketgeek.com have access to support, examples, tutorials, and code snippets that will help you extend and customize the base plugin using the plugin’s framework. Some of the add-ons have their own hooks and shortcodes to further expand the plugin’s extensibility. Visit the site for more info.= WP-Members™ is a trademark of butlerblog.com =
There are a number of commercial vendors offering products called WP-Members. Most of these products are neither free and some are not open source. The original plugin hosted here has been publicly available since 2006 and is in no way associated with any of these vendors. If you are seeking support for one of these commercial products, you should seek support from the vendor. If you got it from a site other than rocketgeek.com or wordpress.org then it isn’t WP-Members™.
Premium priority support is available at the plugin’s site RocketGeek.com. A site membership includes priority support, members-only forum access, plugin extensions, and a custom code snippet library. RocketGeek.com is the only site officially managed for this plugin’s support.
Author: Chad Butler
Source from: WordPress.org