Free WordPress Search & Filter millions of posts, custom fields, categories and tags with Elasticsearch and Solr server – WPSOLR pluginFree
Notice of deprecation
From version 20.0, the free plugin will not be supported or updated any more.
For a while, the number of active installations has not increased, despite an increasing number of downloads.
This is a sure sign that people trying the free plugin do not have the technical skills to set it up, or customize it, to their needs. Despite our answers to every forum support question.
So, we decided to concentrate on helping users with our WPSOLR PRO plugin.
100% free plugin to search and filter in millions of post types.
No subscription on a remote service required.
Respects privacy: your data stays on your server.
Tons of video tutorials.
WPSOLR + Yith Woocommerce Ajax Search (free) + Live Demo 1
WPSOLR + Yith Woocommerce Ajax Search (free) + Elasticsearch
WPSOLR + Facet layout “Selectbox” + TwentySixteen + SolrCloud
WPSOLR + Facet layout “Selectbox” + Ajax + SolrCloud
WPSOLR + TwentySixteen + SolrCloud
WPSOLR + TwentySixteen + Solr
WPSOLR + TwentySixteen + Elasticsearch
WPSOLR + TwentySixteen + Gotosolr Solr hosting
WPSOLR + TwentySixteen + Amazon Elasticsearch hosting
WPSOLR + Ajax + Searchly Elasticsearch hosting
WPSOLR + Ajax + Bonsai Elasticsearch hosting
WPSOLR + Ajax + Amazon Elasticsearch hosting
WPSOLR + Ajax + Solr
WPSOLR + Ajax + ElasticSearch
WPSOLR PRO + Listify Theme + Apache Solr
WPSOLR PRO + Listify Theme + Elasticsearch
WPSOLR PRO + Advanced Scoring + Elasticsearch
WPSOLR PRO + Crontab + Elasticsearch
WPSOLR PRO + Polylang + Ajax + Elasticsearch
WPSOLR PRO + WPML + Ajax + Elasticsearch
WPSOLR PRO + ACF PRO + Layout Types + TwentySixteen + Elasticsearch
WPSOLR PRO + ACF PRO + Content Types + TwentySixteen + Elasticsearch
WPSOLR PRO + ACF PRO + Choice Types + TwentySixteen + Elasticsearch
WPSOLR PRO + ACF PRO + Basic Types + TwentySixteen + Elasticsearch
WPSOLR PRO + WooCommerce + All In One SEO Pack + TwentySixteen + Solr
WPSOLR PRO + All In One SEO Pack + TwentySixteen + Solr
WPSOLR PRO + WooCommerce + Yoast SEO + TwentySixteen theme + local SolrCloud
WPSOLR PRO + Yoast SEO + TwentySixteen + SolrCloud
WPSOLR PRO + Facet layout “Select2 box” + TwentySixteen + Elasticsearch
WPSOLR PRO + Facet layout “Select2 box” + TwentySixteen + SolrCloud
WPSOLR PRO + Facet layout “Select2 box” + Ajax + SolrCloud
WPSOLR PRO + Facet layout “Select2 box” + Ajax + Elasticsearch
WPSOLR PRO + Facet layout “Ion.RangeSlider” + Ajax + TwentySixteen + Elasticsearch
WPSOLR PRO + Facet layout “Ion.RangeSlider” + Ajax + TwentySixteen + SolrCloud
Live demo of a website search with 700K posts powered by WPSOLR
Live demo of a WooCommerce search with 15K products powered by WPSOLR PRO (with the WooCommerce extension)
Create a test Elasticsearch index in 2 clicks with WPSOLR
Create a test Solr index in 2 clicks
Easily manage Elasticsearch from WPSOLR
Easily manage Apache SolrCloud from WPSOLR
Easily manage Apache Solr from WPSOLR
With the 100% free plugin, you get free unlimited searches and free unlimited storage with:
– Free self hosted search, unlike managed solutions like Algolia, swiftype, searchIQ, or Instantsearch+
– Transparent, real-time integration to Elasticsearch and Apache Solr
– Suggestions as you type
– Dynamic fiters (facets) on custom fields, taxonomies (tags), categories
– Search in files (pdf, .doc, .xls …)
– Multi-domains search
– Infinite scroll
– Transparent integration with your theme search page (no coding required)
– Boosts to choose which results you want to show first
– Integration with YITH Ajax Search (Free version) : speed up suggestions
If necessary, buy extensions and support to extend your search with your favorite plugins or themes:
– Listify Theme (boost Listify Theme search speed)
– Embed Any Document (search in embedded documents)
– Google Doc Embedder (search in embedded documents)
– Yoast SEO (permalinks and metas on search urls with filters)
– ACF PRO (search in many ACF field types, including repeaters, flexible contents, tabs, clones)
– Advanced Facets layouts (custom extension to add sliders, color pickers, numeric ranges and select boxes layouts)
– Advanced scoring (custom extension to sort results by date while keeping relevant results)
– All in One SEO (permalinks and metas on search urls with filters)
– bbPress (boost forum searches)
– Cron scheduling (custom extension to trigger reindexing from crontabs)
– Geolocation (custom extension to add distance and sort by distance to results)
– Groups (show results according to users’s rights)
– PDF Embedder (search in embedded documents)
– Polylang (search with translations)
– s2Member (show results according to users’s rights)
– TablePress (search in tables)
– Toolset Types (rewrite types labels)
– WP All Import (permalinks and metas on search urls with filters)
– WooCommerce (keep your front-end theme search template, but speed up search in products, taxonomies, attributes, and variations)
– WPML (search with translations)
Search is everything
Search is everything and everywhere today. Yahoo directory was king, until Google came with it’s incredible search technology. Can you imagine how you would manage without it ?
Your visitors, your future customers, expect a search as good as Google, Amazon, or eBay. And if you cannot provide it, they’ll just flee to your competitors.
Yes, search is fundamental to my business
Your search without WPSOLR
Visitors are leaving after waiting many seconds.
Visitors are shown the wrong results.
It cannot be adapted to the business expectations.
Some products are simply never displayed.
Those points remind you of your own search ?
Yes, I want a fast search, accurate, flexible, and complete
It’s a very well documented fact that your visitors are waiting less than 3 seconds before leaving to your competitors.
Your search must be fast, really fast, under any number of products or any number of visitors browing your shop.
WPSOLR does that by using the mighty power of Solr and Elasticsearch. These are search software, scalable to any level you might require.
Yes, I want to drop my visitors bounce
This is a difficult requirement, because ‘relevant’ depends often on your business, or even on some specific search terms.
What if your results show relevant products, but the first displayed are 2 years old ? Not good indeed.
By using Solr and Elasticsearch, WPSOLR can provide you with predefined relevancy scores, or you can build your own. For instance, you could want to display relevant and fresh, or relevant and close, results first.
Yes, I want to increase my search relevancy
WordPress search suffers from it’s SQL inheritance.
It is fast with a few hundreds of post types, but brings your site to his knees after a few thousands.
The same can be said to most search plugins, that try to fix this issue with the same methods.
WPSOLR comes with a totally different technology, Solr and Elasticsearch, built from the ground to manage millions of data.
If your site is on his knees, it will not be because of it’s search anymore.
Yes, I have an insane quantity of post types to search in
Any file (.pdf, .docx, .xls)
Any post type
Any custom field
Any WooCommerce product attribute
Anything you like with code
There is no limits but the sky.
Yes, I want to search in everything
You probably already tried some pure search plugins, and some SaaS.
SaaS means that your data is sent somewhere outside your secured firewalls, to be indexed and searched.
It also mean your subscription is charged by the usage: quantity of data, indexing, searches. You could quickly be asked to upgrade to more expensive plans.
WPSOLR is a plugin, which requires Solr and Elasticsearch. But you can, and should, install those on your own server. You then get the best of worlds: your data stays at home, search is closer then faster, and you do not pay on usage.
Yes, my data should stay on my server
Search engine optimization (SEO)
Did you notice how Google shopping first positions are taken away by websites search pages ?
But neither “Yoast SEO“, nor “All in One SEO Pack“ do take care of your search pages ?
Fortunately, WPSOLR is also working hand to hand with your favorite SEO plugin to build beautiful search urls and meta descriptions. Search bots and humans will love it.
Yes, I want beautiful search urls and search meta descriptions
We also develop tailored solutions to solve any problem.
Source from: WordPress.org