Free WordPress Amazon Product in a Post Plugin pluginFree
The Amazon Product In a Post plugin can be used to quickly add formatted Amazon Products/Items to any page or post by using just the Amazon product ASIN.
How it Works:
The plugin uses the Amazon Product Advertising API to get product information from Amazon to display on your site. To use the plugin, you must have:
1. An Amazon Affiliate Account
2. Amazon Product Advertising API keys (Root Keys Only).
NOTICE May 1, 2018
As of May 1st 2018, Amazon requires you have your affiliate account fully approved before they will grant you access to the Amazon Product Advertising API. This means that you many not be able to use the plugin immediately until you receive access to the API.
If you do not have an Amazon Affiliate Account or Amazon Product Advertising API Keys already, it is free and not too extremely difficult to set up (takes about 15 min. total for both). Once you have an account, install the plugin, enter your Amazon Associate ID and API keys in the Plugin Settings page and you are ready to start adding products to your website!
With this plugin you can:
- Add any Amazon product or item to an existing Post (or Page) or custom Post Type.
- Monetize your blog posts with custom Amazon Product and add your own Reviews, descriptions or any other thing you would normally want to add to a post – and still have the Amazon product there.
- Easily add only the items that are right for your site.
- Add the product to the TOP of the post content, the BOTTOM of the post content, or make the post content become part of the product layout (see screenshots for examples)
- You can add as many products as you want to any existing page/post content using Shortcodes – see Installation or FAQ page for details.
- Preformmated display of Amazon Products for easy integration (with various settings)
- Shortcodes for Adding Products, Product Elements, Product Grids, etc.
- Add new Page/Post at the same time with “New Amazon Post” feature
- You can add Product Grid Layouts, Single Product Layouts or Individual Product Elements to Pages/Posts
- Option to create multiple Pages/Posts from ASINs with Amazon product data auto populated (no need to add separate products)
- Products can use the Standard product page URL or “Add to Cart” URL (i.e., 90 day Cookie Conversions)
- Links can be set to open in a new window/tab
- Custom styling options (via CSS in the settings)
- Lightbox functionality for larger image popups and additional images (can be disabled).
- Adjustable Caching of product data to limit API Calls
- Test feature for verifying Amazon settings are properly set up
- Debugging Information for troubleshooting issues
- The more products you add, the more overhead there is for API requests. The caching system tries to optimize the number of requests by grouping the them, instead of doing them individually.
- Amazon OneLink scripts may cause some links not to work correctly by over-riding the standard prduct link. If you use OneLink scripts on your site and still want tp add products, try to limit the Amazon OneLink scripts to pages where you will not include poducts.
- Amazon Ads may also cause some links not to works correctly. This is the same as for Amazon OneLink.
- Some Products or Product data is not available via the Amazon Product Advertising API. A perfect case in point, is Amazon Kindle pricing. When this happens, the product will not be displayed, or the requested element will not be displayed in the product output.
- You must have at least one referral sale every 90 days or you will lose your Amazon Product Advertising Account. If this happens, Amazon will deactivate your Amazon Product Advertising Account and the plugin will no longer display products. You can simply re-sign up for access and change your Amazon Keys in the settings and they will return (products shortcodes and settings are not deleted, they just cannot be displayed).
Source from: WordPress.org